"RIDE FOR THE PLEDGE"
This is amazingly fun class where riders can "jump for money",
but not money for themselves....but to be donated to the
Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center!
HOW IT WORKS:
Riders electing to participate in this special class will collect a "Pledge Card" on which they will declare a sponsor (or sponsors) for their performance. Multiple sponsorships per rider are encouraged. Each sponsor will pledge a particular dollar amount per jump that is done within a time allowed, over a course of fences selected by the rider. Our course designer will be asked to set out a creative selection of jumps, each with a level of difficulty, and each with a posted difficulty multiplier or either 1, 1.5 or 2. Fences to be offered in three sections at 3'6", 3' or 2'6". A sponsor's total donation will be determined by the performance of the horse and rider. Pledge cards available in advance here on our website (www.briarwood-farm.com), or on the show day at the entry tent.
Pre-entry of your sponsor list is much appreciated and very important.
Sponsored attire encouraged and permitted.
A mathematical example of how it works:
a successful jump X the multiplier on that jump X pledged amount = $$$for that jump effort
all jump efforts added together = grand total for that rider on their course = donation
| Click on the Logo for your
|| Click on the Logo for your
|Pledge Card in EXCEL
||Pledge Card in PDF
|You can also make a direct donation via credit card. Proceeds will be earmarked as part of Briarwood Farm Derby Day!
Click here for instructions
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions! Or call (908)-806-8044
We will be happy to help you understand how to be a part of this great class!
- No entry fee
- Each competitor has 60 seconds to jump all the obstacles he wishes in any order.
- An audible signal declares start and the finish of the round.
- Obstacles will be built to be jumped in either direction.
- Each obstacle may be jumped only twice.
- A competitor will be credited for each obstacle jumped correctly. No credit is awarded for an obstacle knocked down. If the fixed time is reached at the moment when the horse is already taking off (front hooves off the ground), this obstacle counts if it is correctly jumped.
- All disobediences are penalized by the time lost by the competitor. The competitor must withdraw after a fall. Nevertheless he scores the pledge obtained up to the moment of his fall.
- One designated obstacle will be provided in the course duly marked by flags and titled "DOUBLE YOUR PLEDGE". This jump is an optional jump, chosen by the sponsor(s) as to whether the rider will be given the opportunity to attempt to clear the obstacle, thereby doubling the total amount pledged. The sponsor has the option to accept or decline the challenge within 30 seconds of the first round, and this jump must be attempted within 60 seconds of the finishing signal of the first round. This option of accepting or declining the doubling of the pledge can be written in advance on the pledge card.
- Should a sponsor not wish to "gamble" a pledged amount, a capped donation will of course be accepted and appreciated.
- Checks will be written to Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation, and are considered a fully tax-deductible 501-C3 donation. Credit Card payment will be available at the show.
A Special Prize from our friends at
"The Horseman's Outlet"
will be awarded to the rider collecting the largest amount pledged!
Click on the link below to visit our sponsor